Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Heal The Land

I heard on TV last night from a credible source that instead of Haiti celebrating Carnival (Mardi Gras), the President of Haiti canceled the event and called for three days of fasting and prayer. Over one million came, fasted, and prayed for God to heal the land as per II Chronicles 7:14:

14 . . . if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land."


The New King James Version. Nashville : Thomas Nelson, 1982, S. 2 Ch 7:14

Now, remember that these people are half-starving since the earthquake and still were willing to pray and fast three days! I did a Google search and the event was canceled as per my source and CNN along with a couple of other web sites witnessing the prayers and fasting.

I add my prayers to the Haiti voices of supplication to heal the land.

In the name of Jesus, I pray.

1 comment:

Lillian Robinson said...

We were getting off the highway today, and I saw a large sign in the corner of a farmer's field. It was that very same scripture!

Imagine if even just the Christian population of the US would fast and pray for three days... We need unity in our body, working for the same purpose.